About Me

My Photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 20 January 2014

A Trilogy Of Tags

Hi Everyone
Well what a time has elapsed since I last blogged!!!  Much has happened here but can I wish you all a belated Happy New Year, hoping it brings you everything you wish for.Well, my craft room is free of clutter ,at last, and today I have been busy making 3 tags.
They are all on a similar,vintage style theme and whether I am looking forward to warmer weather and the birds nesting, I'm not sure, but I so wanted to do a Birdie thing!
So....here is the first.
Book print backing on the tag, followed on top with some "worn" distressed paper. All the elements were coloured using Prismacolours and mounted using foam pads. The nest was chopped and cut to give a rough jagged feel , a bit like a real nest and again the eggs were 3D mounted onto it. The little bird sits patiently waiting for hatching! The sentiment was stamped in Vintage Photo Distress and the flowers and ribbon added.
Second tag
I so love this saying! Tag was distressed and corrugated card affixed to the top. This had been coloured with several shades of of Fresco paint and then torn in two. The dictionary definition was placed in between. All were mounted as before, but this time the heart stamp was placed on top of the bird cage.
Tag 3.
This tag mixes elements of the previous two, with the addition of some real feathers collected from the lake near by.
Having finished the tags and getting ready to photograph them, it suddenly dawned on me that each one has 2 birds and hearts!!! Could they also be a Valentines tag, where the one bird is wooing the other for her heart????
Let me know what you think. At least they are all free to fly and not in a cage.
Well, that's all for today. Thanks for stopping by and any comments that you choose to leave. They are appreciated. Just to let you all know I will be popping in to everyone's blogs as well as I know I have been neglectful.....sorry

6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Carol.
    Three lovely tags reminding us that Spring is not too far away (although I expect we will get more winters weather before then)! I agree, they would be perfect for Valentines day.
    Your lovely tidy craft space is amazing - mine is still not sorted after the house move. Still there's always tomorrow .........

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 wonderful tags Carol, you have captured the vintage theme to perfection, love the corrugated card, gives such a fab texture, I think the hearts are a great addition and could easily be for valentines.
    Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh hun these are brilliant ,love the bird cages and love the dimension hugs cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them especially the bird nest what a great craftroom you have!!!!! Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them especially the bird nest what a great craftroom you have!!!!! Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back in harness as it were! Lovely birdie tags, maybe it's due to watching Winter Watch?

    Sally

    ReplyDelete