About Me

My Photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 20 October 2013

Birdie In The Nest..........Autumn week at SplodgeAway DT

Hi All, Autumn in all its glory is to be found on the SplodgeAway Blog this week and here is my project.
The mask was coloured with various Autumn shades of Distress Inks and then mounted onto thick card. Initially , my thoughts were to create a wreath effect  around the circular area, but whilst having a coffee and watching the birds through the window, as they munched on the Catoneaster Berries near the hedge, then swiftly popped back in, I changed my mind and instead decided to create a card depicting the little bird inside its nest. I will leave it up to you which way you see this card though.
The Joanna Sheene stamp was stamped into the cenre and coloured with Prisma Colour Pencils.
I then had great fun die cutting Leaves with a Tim  Holtz Die and colouring them with Distress Inks. Other leaves are of metal that I embossed using the Cuttlebug and coloured with Alcohol Inks.

To add some other effects and a bit more rough and ready dimension to the nest I added curls of twine and wire of varying thicknesses. A Few red berries linked the stamped image and Voila!! my take on the Birdie in its nest!!
Hope you have enjoyed seeing this and thank you for any comments you choose to leave.

Until next time enjoy your crafty moments!!!
Carol xx

I will be entering this card into the following challenges
Pan Pastels Blog...................Autumn Colours wk 42

7 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, wow what a gorgeous card, great idea to frame the little bird stamp with those beautiful leaves, it looks amazing. Fab background too
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hun,this is just gorgeous and oh those leaves are just lush,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Carol, warm colours and love the little bird!!
    Thanks for joining us over at Pan Pastel UK Challenge and good luck
    Hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful design, Carol! Love the metllic look and autumn colors of the leaves, and I love how you arranged them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Carol, wow some fabulous warm autumnul colours love it Thank you for sharing with the DT from Premium Craft Brands Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Carol this is superb, loving all those different textures you've created with your leaves, truly inspirational xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone loves your blog post.. excellent colors & concept. Performed you actually design and style this amazing site oneself as well as performed you hire an attorney to accomplish it for yourself? Plz answer seeing that I!|m trying to style and design my own, personal weblog as well as would like to understand where by you bought this particular via. thanks a lot

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete