About Me

My Photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Friday, 11 October 2013

Altered C.D. Project For SplodgeAway DT Week

Hi All
Thanks for stopping by. Today I want to show you a little keep-sake Imade using free C.d.'s and a cereal box!!!! Hoping the is really self explanatory with just a few guide lines.
I loved creating this for SplodgeAway. Pop over to the blog....it's re-use and recycle week there.
I began by cutting a small strip away from my C.D. s. If you warm them a LITTLE before hand it makes them less brittle and easier to cut. I used 5 for this project and covered the silver sides with various shades of alcohol ink. I wanted to keep the colour quite Autumnal for this project.
The cereal box was used to make 5 covers for the C.D.s, each was treated with various layers of ink through the Dot The Lot mask....this was the base for all sides. Embossed swirls and then text were added and the circles cut to fit the C.D.s.

At this stage I used a Bind It All to make the binding holes in the C.D.s. I found it best to do them individually.

The mask of many faces was used to create small framed images on 3 sides of this project. The frames for the faces again came from the cereal packaging. They were run through a script embossing folder prior to being coloured with Distress Inks and mounted on 3D tape for dimension.
 The other 2 sides were treated in a similar manner but just chosen words added to the insides of the frames.
Flowers, lace. leaves and gems were added as the final embellishments and the whole thing bound together.

And a few pics of the "pages" when they are open............

So here are the pics hope you like it .
Happy Crafting and thanks for any comments you choose to leave
Carol xx

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful way of recycling all those CDs that seemed to be everywhere a decade ago!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this Carol it's fab and something I want to try myself now xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hun,this is brilliant just love what you have done,here,hugs hope to be back to blogging,properly now,love massive hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea Carol, and I love the altered book...amazing :-)

    ReplyDelete