About Me

My Photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Saturday, 28 September 2013

Stenskape week with SplodgeAway....The Last Catch !!

Hi All
Stenskape Week is over on the SplodgeAway Blog. Here is a card I made using the Fishing Stenskape. Simple quick and easy, which it had to be for this week as I am a complete beginner with these, but oh they are so easy to use and you can indeed create endless scenes just from the one mask!!!

The sun is setting out on the lake and the fishing friends are determined to catch one more fish before the light fails and they return home  with their tales of the ones that got away!!! that was the scene in my mind at the start of this card.
The background was created with various distress inks blended together on Easy Ink Card which is great to work with!! The mask was then used with Black Soot Distress to make the scene. As I said  I am only just starting my journey with Stenskape Masks but am loving the! The reflections were made by turning the masks upside down BUT..... I did forget the boardwalk reflection!!!!!!Still we all learn by our mistakes. The whole was then mounted firstly onto black and then a pale green/blue card
Hope this gave you a little taster but do pop into SplodgeAway's Blog where you will see some true talent using the masks!
Thanks for popping by and any comments you choose to leave.
Happy Crafting
Carol xx

1 comment:

  1. What a great scene you've created for this card! Love the silhouette images you've used - so great for a male card - and the colors of your inks blend together so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete