About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 18 August 2013

Sunshine with SplodgeAway

Hi All,
OOPS !!!!! Heer's a post I found still sitting in draft!!! Sorry forgot to post this but it did get onto SplodgeAway Blog.!!!!!!

This week SplodgeAway are show casing the Design Teams projects that reflect summer. Do pop over and see their work and get inspired!!! Here is my card design, inspired by the scorching heat that we have had and the super colours of the setting sun too.
The original white card was treated to graduated colours of Distress inks....Spiced Marmalade, Worn Lipstick and Linen. The actual design is quite simple using only 2 masks, Tread plate and Dotty The Lot. The basic shapes for the sun and rays were cut and coloured as before and then run through the embossing machine. The embossed areas were then highlighted in darker shades of the original colours. The lower rays were attached directly to the card while the tread plate ones were raised using foam pads to create a little height.
The Sunshine was stamped and mounted on pads and then.... I just HAD to add this cute little Hula Hula Penguin, as she enjoys the summer sun too. I think I have managed to achieve the feeling of warmth and heat, well I hope so any way!!!
Thanks for popping bye
Carol xx

1 comment:

  1. This card has a great summery feel to it, with your choice of hot colors. I also think the design with a big sun and a tiny penguin makes this is sweet and fun card!

    ReplyDelete