About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Friday, 5 July 2013

They Have Flown The Nest!!!......and others of my SplodgeAway Samples for the recent Create and Craft Show.

Hi All, Just thought you might like to see my samples that were made for SplodgeAway's Create and Craft Show. Hope that you were able to see it as usual most things were a sell out. I forgot to photograph before I sent these in, so thanks Susan for putting  them on the blog!!1 I have copied and pasted from you.
Well here they are and hope you enjoy seeing them. The masks were great to work woth and are so versatile.
First up a Tag using the Honeycomb Mask
Had a lovely messy time creating this one and embossed in gold the masked areas.


The Honeycomb Mask was used  to create the markings on this  monochrome cat  and party animal card. Used a really sparkly embossing powder as she is clearly ready to party!!!

Here it is the mask in its simplest form used as a background with several colours of Distress inks blended using the SplodgeAway mat. All that was needed here was to add some co-ordinating flowers.
The idea here was to create a scrapbook page to show the children had flown the nest and Mum was lamenting. Journaling could easily be written on the tree trunk
A Scrapbook page!! I know I don't do scrap booking but the sixe of the tree drew me towards this. The mask was run through the die cutting machine to give it the form, over which I distressed. The tree really popped off the page!. For the cherry blossom effect I used Flower soft in various colours. Three beautiful Japanese ladies were placed behind the tiny painted frames and another decoupaged sitting at the base of the tree. Wite ribbons tags and several birds were added.
 The scrapbook page was created using with the Tree of Life Mask from the Altered Art Kit.
Here's a few close ups

Really pleased  with this mask it worked well here and all that was need was some sickers and stamping.

I used the mask as a stencil for this and a clear embossing pen . The image was then embossed in gold and I had a play creating a flower effect with my Zendoodle!!

I used the 'Fairy Kit' to create these 2 beautiful cards.
Used the Fairy kit here. Firstly to create a background over laid with pink vellum.
This was then stamped and a felt frame attached where sits a cut out fairy, heavily embossed again!
 
I used the 'Heart Wreath' to create this canvas. Lots of layers of inks for the background and then the Mask was used as a stencil. Coloured this thickly with Acrylic  Eco Green paint and heated dry. It bubbled beautifully and left a stunning effect. The flowers were coloured burgundy, and little gems added to their centres. Three UTEE heart were made in the melt pot.
Well hoping you enjoyed these. There are great designs and inspiration over at the SplodgeAway blog, this week showcasing the show samples, so pop over for a peek. Till next time.
Happy Crafting.xx

6 comments:

  1. Hi Carol. What a FAB set of samples- so many different looks. I think my faves the tree of life page but I love ur zentangling too! X x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great variation of styles and colors! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of choice there Carol, you have been a busy girl!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab samples, hard to choose a favourite as they are all brill, love the ZIA and the cat though :)
    Hugs
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  5. An utterly amazing array of creations Carol! I'm blown away with them, I do however have 2 favourites, although they are all fantastic, I love the Zentangle one and the bird one just above it, outstanding, wish I could Zentangle like you! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo they are all FABULOUS Carol x

    ReplyDelete