About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 14 July 2013

Metal and Masks With SplodgeAway

Hi All,
SplodgeAway this week is show casing the DT favourite techniques using the SplodgeAway Masks. Most of you know that I love to work with metal and so that is the fav technique I have used here.
 I began with a piece of heavy weight metal and chose the masks to edge the borders with first.
Only parts of the masks were used, but in all 6 masks were added to create this project. Those in the centre were done by hand as running them through the machine would have flattened those already embossed! Hope that makes sense??
When the background was complete I doodled into certain areas to add some texture, then covered the entire piece with an Espresso paint dabber, swiping back over it to remove most of the paint, but leaving other areas darker. This way the paint sat in the crevices created by the embossed masks.
I so love this sentiment and it lead to the theme for the rest of the piece. i.e. keys and locks. Again these were stamped and added to smaller metal pieces, some raised for added dimension. The stamps used are from Darkroom Door.
Alcohol ink in meadow and pesto and espresso were also added to various areas for added highlights. Metal and alcohol inks are magic together.!!!!!!!!
 
Do pop over to the SplodgeAway Blog for so much more inspiration. The team have come up with some really great projects. All the masks I have used are also in their shop. If you haven't tried this technique please do!!! You can get similar effects with kitchen foil so have a go!!! Hope you enjoyed seeing thIs as much as I did making it.
Thanks for popping by and any comments you choose to leave. Till next time
HAPPY CRAFTING
Carol xxx
 

2 comments: