About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Checks Stripes and Flowers...New Challenge at Anything Goes .

 
Hello All.
Yes it's time for a new challenge over at Anything Goes Challenge Blog today. How quickly the weeks are passing! The theme for the challenge this fortnight is Checks Stripes and Flowers. So I am guessing you will be reaching for your paper stash for this one, I did and can you believe it out of boxes and pads and pads of paper, had no check ones!!!! No I couldn't believe it either.. You can join the challenge HERE
Here is my project, it was the striped paper that inspired the final piece as it reminded me of those colourful canopies you see at the sea-side and those striped windbreaks that are essential for the day at the beach in the U.K. So I plumbed for a bit of the seaside. Here. is the card I made.

 
I covered a base card with the lovely striped paper and cut 2 further strips that were to be used as borders . I attached the yellow checked ribbon to each one and adhered them as shown. I'm pleased the bottom border shows up I turned the paper so it didn't match. Coloured 6 white paper flowers using Promarkers to match the background paper and added a little gem to each. These lovely little scenes were a free gift in a magazine ages ago and I love them.....no had to tell the truth in case you thought the water colouring was my own work!! I wish..
Added a little brad to these and the Wish You Were Here sentiment. A corner brad competes the card.
Hope you like it. These colours to those that now me well are so not me...bright!!! However am pleased with it and glad I didn't add bunting to it as was my initial plan would have been way too much.
Well all come and join us and remember if you need some crafting inspiration for this theme pop on over to the blog and see what the Design Team have created....you will be inspired  I know!
Lynne's shop is open too for all your crafting needs.
Bye for now and Happy Crafting till the next time.
Carol xx
 







5 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Carol... and makes me think of childhood seaside holidays... Fab!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those images are just adorable! They look great against the striped background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Carol, love the Victorian image and the papers match up beautifully, hoping to get some summer lol xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Carol love all those stripes they really suit the images xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol, love the Faye Whittaker images and how you have used them on this card. Fab.Joan x

    ReplyDelete