About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Anything Goes At Anything Goes For Challenge 97

Hi All.
Hoping you are all enjoying this wonderful sunshine!!!! Hope it lasts the whole Summer.
There's a new challenge over at the Anything Goes Challenge Blog starting today and the theme is......ANYTHING GOES!!!!! This is challenge 97 and it will run for 2 weeks so there is plenty of time to get creative and show us your makes. I so love popping into your blogs and seeing what you have created and how.  You can join the challenge HERE
Here is a little wall hanging I created. The technique for the Fleur De Lys I learnt some years ago from the very talented Linda Brown....Yours Artfully.blogspot.com
This piece was made on hardboard. I began by cutting  a random section of metal and embossed it by hand using a Ten Second Studio Plate and T.S.S tools. Using red line tape I adhered this to the bottom right of the board. Using a palette  knife I thickly layered on Terra Paste in Sahara to the left hand areas and Ferro to the top right, with a little across the embossed area too,  I did do some more thinly.
I stamped into the wet Terra on the top right and also used black acrylic paint which I worked into the embossed area before swiping it almost clean, leaving the indented areas darker. This was then dried using a heat gun. Hopefully you can see the texture that is created on heating, as the Ferro and Terra bubble dramatically. The thicker the layer the bigger the bubbles. When this had cooled I used several different colours of Inka Gold all over the surface, until I was happy with the colour.
The topper was stamped in black Stazon onto gold metal. Using a foam pad the outline and all areas were outlined. This was then turned over and using a paper stump, the interior was carefully pushed down so that from the front view it was puffed out. The metal was then attached to firm card, Normally if this was left at this point the topper would easily become dented. So........A cookie cutter of the same shape was used and clear UTEE poured into the cutter onto the topper. This was left to cool. Thanks so much Lin for showing me this great technique!!!!!
All that was left to do was to attach to the background and add a little metal tag with 2 brads. Two holes at the top were used to attach the twisted wire.
Hope you get some inspiration from this and REMEMBER...........
Lynne at the Craft Den has these products in stock and..............
There's still a DT Call. So do pop over to the blog for more info and to see the great work the Design Team have created.
Till next time, Enjoy your crafting
Carol xx

3 comments:

  1. Wow!Fantastic creation. So love Lin Browns techniques. Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous wall hanging Carol. Love all the textures and colours.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Carol, so rich and luxurious looking, it would go down very well in our challenge which is "Anything goes"
    http://rheddandrosies.blogspot.co.uk/ how about linking it up? ;) xx

    ReplyDelete