About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Thursday, 13 June 2013

Not Crafting But Gardening Update !

Hi All,
Flowers from my garden!! So pleased how they have grown with such awful weather. Was sunny this morning so took these shots of some of my prize possessions in the garden. Hope you enjoy seeing them.
This is my glorious Tangerine Poppy The head is about the size of a dinner plate! or more across and the plant this year is enormous. Wonder whether they like the snow and cold.!!


Another Oriental Poppy. This is such a great colour and larger than the one above!!The markings on this are so striking. Again a massive bush with many flower heads to come.!



The alliums too have shot up and I so love these beautiful flower heads and the colour cannot be matched.
Lastly two shots of my Azalea, flowering like mad and struggling in a tiny pot because I forgot to pot it on when I bought it!!!!  Bad gardener that I am!. Why 2 shots, well I had a little visitor call after I took the first one!! Look see.
and here's my little visitor!
Well hope you liked seeing these as much as I do in the garden. Not a crafting blog today, so makes a change. Have been crafting, but can't show yet.!!
Till next time
Carol x

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow! What gorgeous flowers, each and everyone is special, you must have green fingers Mrs, lol, love the colours of the poppies so unusual. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos Carol. I love oriental poppies. You can't beat the original big red one. I had one in my garden in UK and the petals were like silk. But I also had two pink ones and one was called Mrs Perry (my name) and the other was Marcus Perry (my grandson'e name). When I saw them in the garden centre I just had to buy them. I'm glad you have had enough sunshine to open their flowers. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers Carol, the poppies are favourites of mine! My welsh yellows are out & my Himalayan Blue flowering for the first time (opened yesterday ) my pink, red & whites are in bud but not showing yet.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your flowers Carol,the tangerine poppy is gorgeous, Inhave some huge red poppies out at the moment, our baby bluetits left this morning( after we had yet again rescued one from our cat!) we can relax now

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow hun adore your flowers they are just amazing and oh that poppy is just lush,so beautiful,thanks for comment you left hun will get back in touch with you,as will ask about the magazine for you thanks again sweetie take care hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi hun,only me again can you email me please hunny its twiglet44@twiglet44.plus.com hugs Cherylxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Carol, I love gardening and I love poppies. Beautiful photographs aswell xx

    ReplyDelete