Long Post Today!!....Might need a cuppa!11
These were the samples I made for the SplodgeAway show on Create and Craft recently. Apologies, for not having updated my blog it has been a manic half-term, with much activity and also viewers in to see the house, which as most of you know is on the market.
Well here they are.... I was so lucky to have the opportunity of having a play with these beautiful masks before they actually went on air, and once again Tom has come up with some brilliant designs. Do please pop over to the SplodgeAway blog where all the other design team members had different masks to use! All of their samples are an inspiration and well worth a look.
Well set myself a little challenge her! This is an altered bathroom sign that I picked up at Dunelm for the princely sum of 45p. In fact, I bought 12 of them, you never know when you might need these chunky pieces of wood!!1 I began by using corrugated cardboard and used Fresco finish paint to cover the entire section. Tom has created this beautiful Linked Butterfly Border Mask, which I used and mulled wine Distress ink. I lightly drew around the shapes and using a scalpel cut around the edges. When complete I carefully peeled off the top layer to leave the corrugated section showing. It was way too brown so lightly covered the butterflies again with Snowflake paint, added the little gems to the bodies and antennae and edged with some trim. it did take a while but am pleased with the result and intend to have a go at some similar techniques with this. Watch this space as they say!!!!
OOOhhhhh loving this mask. It's called Clockwork Border Mask and is oh so versatile. I covered the entire background using the mask and Scattered Straw Distress ink, layered up 3 cog die cuts that I coloured using alcohol inks. The central image is again from the Steampunk set from Kanban as are the cogs. I cut a square of metal and then embossed through the Cuttlebug, to highlight the design even more I hand embossed a squiggle design around the cog elements to make them stand out even more clearly. This was then coloured to match with Alcohol Inks.
hope you're still with me here as this is one hell of a long post!!!!!!! Just a few more to go...promise.
This is a slightly more delicate card. The mask is the Floral Framer, which I used over the entire background. I then coloured it onto stampbord in two colours of Distress and scraped away area to highlight. This pic doesn't really show it well but the higher of the two is slightly clearer, Again I used the Swirly Corner Framer, but this time adapted it to this size card, so that the joined areas created a heart shape. Now lastly, something not so me and ultra bright, again out of my comfort zone with these colours!!!!
This is the entire Floral Framer Mask, coloured in as you can see in bright turquoise and violet shades. I cut out the border of flowers after I had coloured the card and then replaced the mask on top and covered in a layer of Viva Décor crackle medium. I heat dried this and it also bubbled, which gave quite a puffed effect to the crackle, which I liked. Added a stamped pansy image which was coloured with pro markers and all mounted. On reflection, this is one I am not so happy with. I really should have used much stronger colour on the stamped image to balance it all....the little pansy looks a weak specimen!!!
Well that's the end of the post. The show was a double sell out , so very few samples actually got shown, but am pleased they were all on SplodgeAways Blog. Pop over there some time the link is at the top of my sidebar. That's all for today. Happy Crafting