About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Saturday, 29 June 2013

Altered Jig-Saw Piece.....for SplodgeAway

 Hi All,
The DT have been given an Anything Goes this week at SplodgeAway!!!!, so wanted to share with you my piece for this. Do pop over to the blog and see some great inspiration every day, you won't be disappointed they are all  so talented!
Here is a piece I made using the Jig Saw Pieces mask. Yes it is an altered jig saw piece. Loved playing with this to create the backgrounds etc and it really lends itself to so many uses. Love too, how all the pieces will link with each other in different ways. Here I have used it for background, dress pattern and also to highlight areas.
Here is how this was made.
I began by peeling off the picture from this jumbo sized Jig Saw piece and coating it with several layers of Fresco Finish paints, in shades of green and yellow. The mask was then used with aged Mahogany Distress inks to create the background. On top of this I adhered an old paper pattern piece. As I wanted everything too look somewhat aged I went over again with a wash of white to tone down the navy blue writing of the pattern sheet,!! The stamp used is from B-Line, which I coloured in Prisma colour pencils, again adding a wash for an aged look.
I re-stamped the image and used the mask as a stencil to draw three other jig-saw pieces. These I did not colour, but left looking sepia. ( I do hope this shows in the picture). I triple embossed these three pieces and attached them over the coloured image, matching up as I needed.
I cut a dress-form from a stencil and used the same colours and the mask to make the pattern on this. All that was left to do was to add the embellishments....some lace, stamped cotton reels and cotton, buttons and pins. A small jig saw piece dangle was the last addition with a tiny thimble.
 
Hope you like it and will have a go at something similar, Happy crafting until the next time
Carol xx

3 comments:

  1. Hey Carol married to Bill with two children. This puzzle piece is wonderful and I cannot tell you how much I love it!! The new tag and I can't wait to find me some large puzzle pieces. Awesome work and I can't wait to see more!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece of art work Carol. Love all the jigsaw pieces within the jigsaw pieces! Great details. Love it, it's really unusual.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing project Carol, so much detail and loving the vintage style of it, really impressed xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete