About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 9 April 2013

HEAVY METAL New Challlenge At Anything Goes Challenge Blog

Morning everyone,
It's that time again for a new challenge, Challenge 90 over at Anything Goes Challenge Blog. This time the theme is HEAVY METAl, so get your thinking caps on for this one!!!! The design team have come up with some great inspiration for you , so do pop over to the blog and see what they have been up to and maybe then visit their blogs too. For this theme think about using some metal, adding metal embellishments as a main feature, or how about getting really creative and making something 3D out of metal.....I'm sure there's lots of things to spark your imagination in your garage and your craft space!!
Do pop over and join the fun. We love to see what a creative lot you all are.

Well here's my inspiration for you, a card and yes a lot of metal!!!!!!
 
Made the card from a sheet of A4 cardstock from my stash, I love the texture on this card and the dimension it gives as a background. I really felt I wanted to highlight the main metal piece, so have kept this design all quite neat and simple, just adding the silk flowers with the little metal flowers and gems and parts of TH flourish dies.
 
This section hopefully shows a little more clearly the metal centres to the flowers, which have been hand cut and then coloured using Stream alcohol ink, while below is the close up of the metal work which is described beneath the photo.
 
This centre piece was made using silver Ten Second Studio metal sheet and a Ten Second Studio embossing plate. This was one of the early ones they produced and does not have a solid back to it so does not go through an embossing maching. The only way to reproduce this is by hand!!!!! but I find doing this so therapeutic and my mind just wanders while I do it. I used masking tape to adhere the metal to the plate and gently rubbed over it all with a large paper stump, to give the general outline. Gradually, moving to smaller and smaller paper stumps and then refining tools to complete all the intricate details. I painted the entire piece with a black paint dabber, making sure to get in all the nooks and crannies and then wiped some off with a paper towel to give a bit of an aged look. Next I dabbed on Stream alccohol inks onto the raised areas and dried everything. Blue stickles was added into all the indentations and the whole piece then matted onto several layers of blue and black cardstock and assembled.
 
Well that's my offering for the challenge, I really do hope you will join us.
Many of the items I have used are available from the Craft Den, so pop in there to stock up on what you need, there's a great selection.
Hope you enjoyed seeing this and thanks for any comments you choose to leave they are always much appreciated!!!
Bye for now
Carol xx





4 comments:

  1. Love this card Carol, so different. Hope you are ok
    xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what a treat to have found your blog Carol. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really effective Carol and I love the colour. Hope you're OK? Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks just great! Love that metal plate in the middle and the colours!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete