About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Friday, 5 April 2013

CRAFT STAMPER CHALLENGE....Faux Airbrushing Take It Make It

Hi all,
Couldn't resist joining in with the new Craft Stamper Challenge New Take It Make It Faux Airbrushing this time. I did leave things a little to the last minute, but hey ho, have 9 hours to spare still!!!! The challenge is new and will always relate to a technique used and shown in the previous months magazine. This challenge was asking to show Faux Airbrushing.using Distress inks.
Joanna Allison showed a step by step procedure using very few materials to achieve this result, in the March 2013 issue of the magazine. Had never done this before, so wanted to give it a try. I really hope you can see the results as the light was so low when I took these pics!!!1 So, here it is......


I used the SplodgeAway mat and the gorgeous Bamboo SplodgeAway Mask, to create the background to this card. I used the faux airbrushing technique with Scattered Straw Distress ink to give a really light base and then, continued to darken very gently with Forest Moss. It did look a little flat still so added extra depth and shadowing, with Spiced Marmalede which I felt lifted the design. As this was my first attempt I was pleased with the result.
Below is a close up of the faux airbrushing. Oh how I wish I had taken this in daylight so you could have seen more clearly!!!!!!!But do hope you get the idea.....I love this technique and will use it more often in the future I know!


I loved how it gave a really light misty look and so decided to keep all the embellishing etc. to a minimum to let the design show. The lovely Japanese lady was stamped and coloured in Prisma pencils in a few ares, but Again I wanted the "airbrushed" look to come through from below. The dragon fly was made using the same technique....stamped directly onto the card first....that was me being brave as I could have messed up big time after all that work, but thankfully all was well and then the wings restamped, cut and mounted on top for a little dimension.
The saying was stamped from the set and then all was attached to the card as shown. Hope you enjoyed seeing this first attempt and will have a go it's a great technique to have in your arsenal!!!
Thanks for stopping by
Happy Crafting till next time.
Carol xx


6 comments:

  1. lovely card Carol and you really got the air brush effect, very brave stamping direct onto a nearly finished card ! Hope everything is well with you ?

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely an effect that I must try & find time this w/e to have a go myself :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the effect you've created with the Faux Airbrushing technique! Such a great idea for a non DP card. Love the colors of your card, it gives your card a bit of an aged feel, and such a beautiful oriental look too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous delicate and soft effect Carol, love it! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol wow what a gorgeous card so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete