About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Friday, 15 March 2013

Splodge Away masks

Morning All,
WOW, how quickly this week has gone, can't believe it's Friday already!!!! Hope the weather with you is fine. We have been lucky here and escaped the worst of the snow.....just constant flurries, but rain today. Here is a card I made using the SplodgeAway mask I purchased recently. Love their designs and spent a bit too much!!!!!
Thought I'd use some Spring like colouring to this in the hope that it's soon round the corner!!!

These are the products I used and of course the SplodgeAway mask and mat.
I used a cream card stock for the base card and taped the mask down and used  the Scattered Straw Distress ink to colour in the mask for the background....oh so easy with the Splodge mat!! Edged a little doily in the the same colour and a strip of card to make the border edging. Die cut 2 marianne foliage dies and coloured the same. Some of the background areas looked a little pale,so highlighted certain ares in the Spiced Marmalade.
Next was the fun bit !! Used the Kenya Terra paste over the large roses on the mask and the buds, and spread it over with a lolly stick!!. N.B. If you try this make sure to continue the paste further than you need in order to give a border around the flowers later. I sprinkled over some clear embossing powder and dried with a heat gun. Then cut out the flowers as you see above. I'm pleased with these as they turned out really crisply.
Made the insert with the mask and all that was left to do was to assemble it, add a few hatpins the ribbon border anf foam pads in various depths to give height to the flowers. Hope you enjoyed seeing this, as I enjoyed making it and with so few products, worked in a really clean and neat space!!!!!! makes a change to my usual mess.
Thanks for any comments you might choose to leave, they are much appreciated.
Hope you all have a good weekend.
Caroll xx

4 comments:

  1. lovely work, here, Carol! Thanks for your comment on my chunky ATC at UPA. I couldn't find you on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! I really like the soft springcolours you have worked with. Also a BIG thank you for your visit and comments on my blog! I wish I could help with your trouble becoming a follower at my blog. It's strange it won't work beacuse I can see you as a follower at the sidebar. But I have had the same trouble some times, thats why I now usually put all the blogs I like to follow in my bloglist at the sidebar (your blog is of course one of them).
    Have a nice weekend!!!
    Hugs
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love how you've made the background! What a beautiful flower pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, will have to have a go at this. Thanks for your lovely comments you left for me on my blog today, very much appreciated :-)
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete