About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Seeing Double !!! New Challenge at Anything Goes.....and a Posing Question From Me!!!!

Morning All,
Wow how the time is zipping along and already it is time for a new challenge over at Anything Goes. This fortnight there's a great theme........ Seeing Double. I am sure this will have you all  putting your thinking caps on and coming up with some diverse and fantastic creations. As always the challenge will run for 2 weeks so plenty of time to get the creative juices flowing. Can't wait to see them!! You can join the challenge HERE and if your a little stuck for inspiration pop over to the blog and see what great makes the Design Team have come up with and any comments you leave are always appreciated.
So here is my Design Team Project this time...... and the posing qustion from me is...... How many doubles can you see?? There's a suprise goodie bag for the correct answer. All you have to do is follow me and leave your answer in the comments. I will reveal the answer next time, when the challenge is finished.!!!!!!


The base card was made using two overlapping pieces of chocolate card stock, from my stash. to create the double front opening. The backing paper is from the Chronology range, distressed at the edges and the toppers and cogs from Kanban Steampunk. The red flourishes are from Tim Holtz dies, onto which I stuck the tiny centres from some border peel offs. The above were all layered onto the backing paper and finally double foam pads to give more height to the toppers.
Red and brown flowers were tinted with gold Krylon pen and then attached.
So love this steam punk lady image. Basically that is how this was made.....hope you like it. Below are a few close ups. Thanks for any comments they are much appreciated...Carol  xx
                               A little peak at the inside of the card....
                                a great view of London, also by Kanban.
                                  In side panel showing London and Big Ben

 
                                Card half opened to show both images together.

Many of the products I have used here, can be purchased at The Craft Den along with very many more, so whether you need new products or some of the staple products pop into the store HERE I'm sure you'll find everything you need. Below is the list used to make the card above
Kanban                             Steampunk kit
Dies                                  Tim Holtz
Distress inks                     Aged Mahogany
Peel offs
Double sided tape
Foam Pads
Red and Brown Flowers
Brown Cardstock
I would like to enter this card for the following challenges
paperplaytime.blogspot.ch-5-anything-goes.
avenue613.anything-goes-with-optional-sketch.
thatcraftplaceblog.blogspotanything-goes
tuesdayalchemy.blogspot. Anything Goes
Till next time Happy Crafting Moments and hope to see you over at the Challenge!!!!
Carol xx

11 comments:

  1. Is it 9 or maybe 10? Great project. Angy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Carol. Love the vintage/steampunk feel. Great design too.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Card Carol, wasn't really sure what you meant , but think there are 12....
    Hugz Kath...xx...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so elegant and pretty, Carol! I think the colours and details are just perfect for your card!
    Hugs Annette
    Ps! So hard but I guess 14 :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love all of the doubles!! Thank you so very much for playing with us at Paper Playtime!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol!

    This is wonderful! I love the papers, image, dies and colors you have used!
    How fun is the question I love it! I think there are 11 :) Thank you for your interest in joining our DT at 613 Avenue Create!

    Kathi
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol just wanted to pop over and say thanks for the lovely comment you left on my AG entry - it means a lot - so thank you!
    Your card is absoltely stunning, I love all the doubles you've used and the steampunk feel is marvellous hugs Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol,

    I cannot find a way to email you privately., Could you please email me at ksilvia2007@yahoo.com regarding your interest in our DT? Thank you!!

    Kathi
    Co-Owner
    613 Avenue Create

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very classy. Thank you for sharing it with us. Thanks for playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs ~
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project, Carol! I love your attention to detail and I am impressed by the cohesiveness of this project! Thanks for stopping by and playing in our neighborhood at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana
    Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Carol, stunning card, love all the doubles and the your attention be detail
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete