About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 19 March 2013

My First Twinchie

Hi All,
Well had a rummage around my crafty stuff last night and found my Stampbord!!!1 Use to use this a lot and somehow had forgotten how good it is to work with. This is a little 2x2 I used....a Twinchie.

 
Coloured the background with Scattered Straw and Big and Juicy Foliage Yellow. The image is part of a Happy Birthday stamp by Crafty Individuals, which I stamped in black Stazon. Then the fun bit, scratching away to give the highlights. I love how this makes areas pop out!! Went back into the etched areas with peach colour to add a little more colour. Think I might get hooked on these little beauties and have set aside some 'play' time later to do some more......watch this space as they say! Hoping to make them into some little fridge magnets as gifts......or to sell if I'm ever brave enough!
Thanks for popping by
Carol xx
Am entering this into Challenge#3 Flower/Flowers

11 comments:

  1. Great twinchie - love the colour and that bird in the flowers!! Reminded me I have some stampbord too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute little thingie! I like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carol, great Twinchie, thank you for p,saying along, good luck Hun, Zoe DT show us your Twinchies xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colour and stamp on this twinchie, they certainly do get addictive. Good luck with the challenge.

    Sylv xx
    Show Us Your Twinchies DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Carol, you can use anything as a base for your Twinchies, the only rule is that it is square and 2"x2" you can hang things over the edge too just as long as the base is 2x2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done with this little beauty Carol.. as Zoe says, you can use any material you like as a base as long as its a square and 2" x 2".
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful. I have never tried stamp board, looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely twinchie, and a great idea using stampbord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats really lovely the colours are great

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats really lovely the colours are great

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great little twinchie, love the colours. xx

    ReplyDelete