About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Mail It....Challenge 89 at Anything Goes Challenge Blog

Hi Everyone,
Well it's that time again and there is a new challenge for the next fortnight over at Anything Goes Challenge Blog. This time the theme is..... MAIL IT...... That's quite a wide choice for you to use to make you crafty creations! Think of postage stamps, postacards, airmail, letters etc. I'm sure you get my drift, but, firstly If you need some inspiration help to activate the little grey cells then pop over to the blog and see the wonderful creations the Design Team have come up with and for greater details pop into their blogs and leave a comment.....we all love comments don't we!!
You can join the challenge HERE.
Well , this is my offering this time, a vintage card with a French feel about Paris and travel. Hope you enjoy seeing it. I actually will be sending this to my Mum.

 
I began with a cream colour base card, which I distressed for that aged look with Vintage Photo, lightening as I came towards the centre. Two lace doilies were similarily coloured and placed one to the right and the other left, on the base card and stuck down. The blank postcards are from a Kanban set on Steampunk that I have had in my stash for a while. the one in the background was stamped with an image of the Eiffel Tower and the postcard in the foreground was stamped with a french script stamp on the left side and a french address stamp on the right. All edges of both postcards were distressed and then a lace trim added around all edges. They were secured in position with double sided tape. A little gem of the Eiffel tower was added as a stamp on the front postcard. 
 
 Three paper flowers were each given a gem as above and two tags added. These were created by stmping the Explore Stamp and Imagine yourself here stamps. Just love these stamps .It's not too clear here but skeleton leaves were then inserted behind the flowers. Probably easier to see in the first picture. 
 
A blank chipboard die piece was covered in lace, gems added and another, different Eiffel tower stamp used to add a vintage corner stamp effect. 
This is just to show a little more clearly the 2 stamps I used to create the postcard....so lucky the address stamp I had was in French!!!!
To complete the card I made the insert with a stamped large Eiffel Tower stamp and distressed all areas adding some of the French Script around all borders.
Hope you have enjoyed this card and thanks for any comments you may choose to leave. Many of the products used are available from The Craft Den. Pop in HERE to stock up on all your crafting goodies and basics.
Happy Crafting till next time
Carol xx
I will be entering this card for the following challenges
rheddandrosies.blogspot Challenge 3... Vintage
avenue613.blogspot/anything-goes-challenge
dreamvalleychallenges.blogspotchallenge-53-pearls-and-lace.html
 
 

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! I love the vintage feel of it and your mix of textures and elements - there's so much detail put into this card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Carol.... a stunning vintage feel card... love all the fabulous script and details. Bit different than my CAS one! LOL

    Hope you saw the card I made with your library books idea btw.... and BIG thank you for such a clever idea!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really like this, those small stamps are really nice. I might have to add them to my stash. Thank you for sharing. C x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful! I love how you incorporated so many different Eiffel Tower stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb card, fab layout, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol hope you're well! Thanks for your comment on my card - I hadn't realised how similar they are - great minds and all that ;)
    I love the design and layout your card. I'm particularly drawn to the sepia colour range so your palette is perfect for me.
    Enjoy your break. Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Carol, with a super vintage feel. Love all the detailing. Each time you look you see something different. I'm sure your Mum will love this.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh hun,this is just gorgeous love the stamps you have used,the detail is just brilliant hun,and sure your mum wil adore this hun its just gorgeous hugs Cherylxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card loce the cols and sweet postcards. thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Carol! I love the vintage style and postcards! Thanks for joining in on the challenge at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your postcards Carol!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, lovely vintage colours and great stamped details.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absoliutely stunning card , love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies. Hugs Tina x

    ReplyDelete