About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Saturday, 30 March 2013

Dark roomdoor Vintage Office .......LOVE IT!!!!!

Hi All.........A THREE PROJECT POST TODAY!!!! am I excited!!
Well have at last had a few hours to play with my new stamps from Darkroom Door...... Vintage Office.  Oh how I love these stamps and couldn't wait for them to be delivered so I could have a play with them. Had lots of ideas I wanted to try and still more in my head for some much bigger canvases and wall art. Here are the first three projects using these lush stamps and hopefully tomorrow will put the others up!!!! Time allowing.  So for now get a cuppa as this is my longest ever post!!!!!
So..... Here is my first little offering, Made from a small packaging wooden frame. I've been wanting to make something with this for ages!!!! Depicting the "Old Office."
All the stamping was done with Aged  Mahogany and Vintage Photo distress inks and all the stamps are from the set. Painted the little wooden frame black before filling! Each section is shown in close up below.
Used the script stamp here to make some old newspapers....they even open to show more inside. Wanted the ink pot and quill to really stand out on the shelf so stamped it in Black Versafine ink. Added a little postage stamp for good measure.
The little black telephone was from a redundant dolls house I had, and thought it added to the office! A mini bottle contains all the pins and tacks and the date stamp was stamped cut and mounted on pads for some dimension. The RUSH stamp was repeated for the background here...love that stamp.
Brill nib stamp created the border, again another old stamp from my stash and a TH nib and mini staples created this section and obviously the mail reminder to post First Class!!!!
The lovely script stamp was used for the background...torn and distressed and a TH nib. Aged the three little books with distress, again from the old redundant doll's house and used part os two stamps to give them their labels. Just love these cute books!
Distressed edges and water splattering added to the aged effect again. The little telephnes were stamped directly onto the background and the nib added, The larger stamp was cut and mounted on pads for height here.
A large TH ticket was used as the background here and over stamped with the script stamp. A mini domed clock was added......every office needs a clock!!!!, while the typewriter and third stamper were again added sperately on foam pads.
Corners were added to the frame and a backing to the frame was a mixture of all the stamps in the set....forgot to take a photo of this tho'.
Well hope you enjoyed seeing this as much as I enjoyed making it.
simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot./2013/04/april-1-very-strict-challenge.html
I will be entering the first two for
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/anything goes
partytimetuesdays.blogspot 1130 anything goes
2013/03/week-200-vintage.html
http://natalieandamy2013/03/challenges-8-monochromatic.html
makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04



Now for the second part of my crafty day!!!!

A CARD IN A HURRY!!??
This was made from white card stack and distressed with blue distress ink using the Splodge mat. The background was flicked with water,,,,,a fav technique of mine and dried with a paper towel to give a little interest to the background. A blue hessian type border was attached at the bottom, but this time NO water flicking in order to show off the nib stamping.

Stamped First Class on to card and then attached the matching paper clip.....I told you this card was in a hurry!!! The ink well and quill were stamped directly onto distressed card cut out and mounted on pads for dimention, and the No 36 added.
The nib stamp was stamped continually to form a border and then white crayon added inthe highlighted area of the nibs, The whole was then coloured more deeply and then polished to reveal the highlights even more. I have to say this picture doesn't really do justice to this technique which I learned from Rachel Greg of Darkroom Door, some years ago!!!!

Used a paint dabber that I had dipped in water to create a massive SLAT!!!, just to be in keeping with the ink well and quill!!! Stamped the Rush stamp in 2 different shades of blue around it and then used some tiny seed beads and glossy accent to give some sparkle to the card.
Hope this has given you a little inspiration. And....now for the last one today....it's gone midnight here, but sooooo wanted to post these!!!!
I will be enetering this for the following challenges
totallygorjuss.blog challenge 177 something blue

A MIM WALL PLAQUE

The base for this project was a small wooden plaque. I firstly covered it in Snowflake Fresco Paint and then very lightly covered in a mushroom type coloured ink. Slattered with water again as is my want and dried it. In 2 corners stamped the lovely script stamp and then added th nib stamps. As I wanted this piece to be quite light, wanted to highlight the nibs again, BUT NOT make the piece any darker with distress stains so..... got a teeny weeny paint brush and water and carefully went into the highlight of the nibs. Tedious work, but am pleased with the results as the water took out the stain to reveal the snowflake colour, Again hope you can see it from these shots!!??

Aded the corrugated cardboard that had been given a wash of Snowflaje and a daub of distress and stamped and cut out the typewriter.I then cut a little slit at the top where I wanted the typing paper to emerge from.Typed the script stamp onto card distressed withink and dried then covered it with a thickish layer of Modge Podge,As it dries it bends and then I was able to create the folds etc. in it and slip it into the little slit I had made. Added a TH nib too!

The final thing was to Sqush 2 bottle caps using the Cuttlebug Technique , punch 2 1 inch cicles of script stamping and overstamp with the number stamps as shown and fill with glossy accents. Really pleased with these embellishments!!
Well as I said....a long post , but hope you have enjoyed seeing my latest makes. Till tomorrow hopefully and the next installment with these great stamp sets.simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot./2013/04/april-1-very-strict-challenge.html
I will be entering this for

Happy Crafting
Carol xx

7 comments:

  1. You HAVE been a use girl! These look so much fun & I love the way you've repurposed the bits n bobs from the dolls house. I look forward to seeing more soon Carol :-)

    X Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely creations and thanks for joining us over at Allsorts this week for my challenge
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects and card. I saw this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Darkroom Door stamps and I think your Vintage Office piece is awesome! I love the browns and sepia tones that you have predominantly used on this project. Very vintage and classic! I love all of your stamped images and how you have placed them. I also love all of the other little embellishments that you've added. So cool~ Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Inspires me for so many things...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete