About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 17 March 2013

Altered Canvas and A.T.C's..........50p bargain buy!

Hi All,
Just wanted to show you a little creation of mine, using a water-stained canvas I bought for 50p at the Garden Centre!!!!!!! It was a brown and cream canvas with a few lines on it basically and it has been hanging about waiting for me to play with itfor ages! UnrulyPaper Arts has a challenge about adding an A.T.C. to an altered something, so this was my inspiration for doing this particular piece. Also, the theme means a lot to me at the moment as I feel I am ready to open some new doors and step into a new future, so that chose the theme of the altered work.
Apologies for the clarity of the photos but will give some brief explanations and letter the pictures talk for themselves.


Here is the completed canvas. It was firstly distressed using inks to blend all the colours together on the background and hide the water damged stains. I stamped, in brown Stazon, some of my favourite quotes and flourishes and embellished these and other areas with tiny buttins and gems and a key. Once the key was added I knew for sure what I wanted to do next.
I used some recycled packaging and tore off random areas to expose the inner layers, then coated these with a layer of Fresco Snowflake. As they were too white I smeared Vintage Photo distress ink over the top. In this A.T.C. I stamped the saying, from Darkroom Door onto card and then mounted it. The original canvas had a mock threading and beaded area so to echo this I added thread and beads. This phrase introduces the other A.T.C.'s
Here I added the key with Heart on it and some torn and distressed Latin script. A mini label was attched with the words.....TURN THE KEY STEP INTO YOUR DREAM. again, not too clear here with the photos....why do I always shake so?????
Below the stamped phrase is a 3rd A.T.C. treated in the same manner, but this time the little label reads.....OPEN ALL DOORS. Very apt for me!!!
The 4th and central A.T.C. has the wording............UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL. I think we are all aware of this as times!!
 
And finally the last ATC. this is metal run through a cuttlebug with a folder. Coated in Snowflake paint and distressed, then edged with lace. I found some other lovely off cuts from previous projects and added these also with a lace trim.
I really enjoyed putting this together and hope you have been inspired by it too in some small way. thanks for looking and any comments you choose to make, which are always appreciated.
until next time......Happy Crafting Moments
Carol xxxx
 
I would like to enter this in the following challenges
Challenge#16 Anything Goes
 


12 comments:

  1. You've turned the blank canvas into a fantastic piece of art! I like all the quotes you've put on it, and such a great variety of beautiful keys! Well done, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you certainly got your monies worth! Great project Carol, lots to see and interest the 'eye'.
    Thanks for the super comments you leave on my blog ... very kind of you .. as for my workshops... I cannot get the Hall except for Saturdays! so during the week is out I'm afraid... I will be doing some Tutorials on a DVD soon if that will be any good?
    Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great canvas - love the colour and all the detail and sayings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabby art Carol, love the textures and layers... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenge.

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative work! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody.
    Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the small items created to make a whole project. The atc cards worked individually are nicely done but when you added them all together you get fab!!
    thanks for coming out to play with eP :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your project....thank you for joining us at TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful and fun project! Thank you for sharing with at Make It Monday... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful canvas Carol, love all the elements and ATC`s ! Enjoy your new adventure.
    Thank you so much for joining us over at eclectic Paperie.
    Big hugs
    Tracy
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous canvas and brilliantly altered. Thanks for choosing to enter this into the first CVC challenge.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous canvas. I love all of the doors with the bead and twine wrapping. The quotes are wonderful and so cool in that they have special meaning to you right now. The inclusion of all of those wonderful keys provides lovely detail and texture. Thanks for joining our corrugated cardboard challenge at eclectic Paperie. I'm so glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete