About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 10 February 2013

Trying My Hand At Zentangle!!

Hi All,
Here's a card I have made by doodling. I have to admit I'm hooked!!! If you've not tried it before have a go it really clears your mind of everything.


The face was stamped and then I built up shapes that were the hair and a head-dress around it. I used a fine pen to do all the zentangles. It really was that simple. When it was complete I cut it out. I created the background using the Splodgeaway Mask and Soot Distress ink, using cut and dry foam, slightly darker on the layer for the image and lighter on the base background.

The background was layered onto a black card and a smaller background made for the image was also matted onto black. This was then layered up as above,after a  black strip was attached and the main section added. The image was mounted with foam tabs to give some more dimension. Finally some white flowers were coloured and attached.

I couldn't help myself, I just had to add a bit more along the base in pencil this time so as not to detract too much from the face.

Well hope you enjoy my first venture into Zentangle. I know there will be more to come!!!
Happy Crafting All
Carol xx

4 comments:

  1. hi Carol, amazing card, looks brilliant love the black and white, must have taken ages to create.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Carol,
    The work you have put into this card..Saw some doodles recently that made me look twice..You might like them too.Will email link. Back to your card..The hair/head dress hit you then you start to see the other parts of the card. I really like that the background detail has not taken over the image on the card..STUNNING card Carol..
    Big hugs,
    Nelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Carol... Thanks so much for all your comments WOW .. I really do just doodle no plan I just go with it and am still learning shading to give depth.
    I really do like this card you created also cos it came from within you .. and mixing it with the image brilliant .. I may try this. The more you do of this and relax with it you will come up with other natty little lines etc ... warning though time really runs from you ...lol
    Happy doodleing Hugs
    Mark x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi couldnt find an e mail for you so thought I would post here, Please feel free to post things on pintrest .. If you send me your e mail I will comment more and tell you about my doodles. Hope this finds you well and wishing you a good rest of the week, Wow thank you for all your kind comments ..
    Mark

    ReplyDelete