About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

ANYTHING GOES .... NEW CHALLENGE

Hi Everyone,
Happy Tuesday. Hope you are all well and enjoying  your crafting.Well it's that time again to announce that there's a new challenge over at ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE BLOG today and the theme is a great one.......... VERY MANLY. It's such a super theme with great scope to indulge all manner of images and techniques. You can join the challenge HERE.

I must admit, I indulged myself a lttle this time and created an altered beer mat. How I love doing these. I like the small scale and the fact that they are so readily available Tee Hee and just super for all ages, themes and occasions. So here is my Design Team entry this time.

 
The beer mat was first covered on both sides with some lime green paper from my stashrather too bright for the vintage feel I wanted , so used distress ink and Splodge mat  to tone it all down with sage. Gave a more heritage colour and more vintaage look. All the edges were sanded back to ensure a neat clean edge and then distressed using  Forest Moss Distress ink. The background was stamped on the top 2/3 of the beer mat using the background stamp again in distress ink.
 
The small cardboard frame was covered with clear Versamark and then coated with copper Metal Magic and heated. For added thickness this was repeated twice and on the final heating, whilst still hot, the script stamp was stamped onto the frame. This was left in place until cooled and the stamp removed. The image was covered with a piece of acetate and adhered to the back of the frame.A small butterfly was stamped onto grunge paper and again distressed with ink.
 
 
The pen image was stamped onto pale green card stock and then cut and mounted onto the background.
 

                                                                                        
 Three nibs and an epoxy stamp sticker were added and the words Social Butterfly. To completes this project two holes were punched and eyelets inerted forr the hanging chain. He really does look a riot doesn't he!!!! I hope you enjoyed seeing this and that you will pop over to the rest of the design team and checkout their inspirations too.
Many of the items I have used are available from the Craft Den and oh so much more!!!
 
I will be entering this card into the following challenges
 
ITEMS USED
Stamps     B.Line Designs BA821G.....Black Mesh
                 B.Line designs  PR11JE.......French Correspondence
                 Studio 490         LCS021......Make Mine Mini Art
                 Inkadnkado        105.............Pens
                 PaperArtsy Mini...................Social Butterfly
Image       Crafty Individuals.................People and Places
                 Metal Magic....                      Debbi Moore
                 Grunge paper.                        Background Paper
                 Heat Gun                                Nibs
                 Stickers                                  Cropodile
                 Small chain                            Eyelets
                 Beer Mat                                Versamark ink pad
                 Splodge Mat                          Cardboard small frame
 
  


16 comments:

  1. Hi Carol

    Wow this is stunning... I can't believe it started off as a beer mat!! What a clever idea to use! Love all the fabulous detail and that wonderful vintage image!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this looks wonderful, Carol, so many great details, perfect for a male design. I like the stamped background, the embossed frame is a nice touch and love those pens! I think it's tricky to decorate small spaces, likes tags, but it seems to be something that you're very comfortable with:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carole this is genius, what a fab idea bigger than ATC's which can be fiddly but small enough to be super cute!! I love doing over sized tags, I will have to try doing a beer mat. Love the decorations on yours - very manly lol - xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is gorgeous Carole. You'd never believe it was a beer mat. Love all the elements you've used. They come together beautifully for a lovely vintage feel.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! That beer mat is a wonderful idea - your layering is just beautiful. Thank you so much for joining in on our challenge this week at TPE!
    ~*Joni TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so vintage and your embelissments look wonderful! Thanks for joining us at C4E. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

    DT member,
    Evie

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow way cool project! thanks so much for sharing with us at WWC :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It seems hard to believe that this masterpiece started life as a humble beermat Carol! I love the moody vintage image. Thanks for the heads up about the challenge. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Carol this is great!! Male stuff is so hard to do! I really must join in with one of these challenges when I get back. Thanks for popping by to see me today, Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your creation! Perfect for a man and vintage is great! Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnificent, Carol! Wonderfully creative and I just love the vintage feel. I'm so glad you chose to enter it into our "Masculine" challenge at Eclectic Ellapu this week. I hope we see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aha so I'm not the only one who "collects" beer mats! I really love what you have done with this - this style is right up my street! Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous vintage piece Carol, really beautiful! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful creation. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
    Good luck
    hugs Anke

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is something totaly new for me, I have never seen a altered beer mat before. Gorgeous result! I really like the male vintagecolours and the frame around the the photo.
    Have a nice weekend!!!
    Hugs
    Rosemarie

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many lovely little elements make this into a beautiful piece Carol. Sorry I haven't been here for ages - illness and hospital!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete