About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 12 February 2013

A New Challenge at Anything Goes Challenge Blog

Hi Everyone,
 
Happy Tuesday. Today sees the start of a new challenge over at Anything Goes Challenge Blog and this time the theme is VINTAGE/SHABBY CHIC.  Now  I just know you will all have plenty of ideas for this theme and I really hope you will join us this time for this fortnightly challenge.To get ll the details you can link Here

This is my offering for the challenge...... all very vintage.
  
The card is an A5 size, that I covered with a collage of vintage papers from my stash, in various shades of creams and lilac. Each piece was distressed at the edges with Mulled Lavender Distress ink and then adhered to the base card. The two images are from Crafty Indviduals Booklet and the brown felt frames from my stash. These were mounted onto cardstock and then cut out. They have been sitting there unloved for so long and this card was just crying out for them!!!
 
Two mini white doilies were coloured and placed behind the frames, before securing to the card.. A cream lace border was positioned half way up and topped with a faux metal strip and  the timeless wording added. Buttons, bows and tassle were used to embellish and a lovely saying..
Hope you enjoyed seeing this, apologies for the camera work this time! Hope you can still capture the details.
 
Please pop over and see the rest of the design teams creations, they are wonderful.!!!!! and if you need to stock upon your crafty goods visit The Craft Den, run by the lovely Lynne. Many of the items used in my creation are available there.
 
Thanks for visiting and hope to see you again on the blog!!
Carol xxxx
 
 
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Morning Carol

    Fabulous vintage creation... I love all the gorgeous detail!

    Sorry I couldn't get chance to join in this time!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing vintage card!So many beautiful little details...I'm in love with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and beautiful sentiment Carol love it !! xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Carol. The papers and details are gorgeous and the poem fits so well.
    How could those felt frames ever have been unloved? They're adorable.
    Hugs Jude x

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Carol this is gorgeous, I absolutely love it. DT hugs :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful card carol.. love the colours and layout. pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely vintage card Carol. Really pretty papers and lots of lovely detail.
    Hugs, Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet, Carol, there are so many lovely details on this card, my favorites being the inked doilies and the felt mini frames with images. Everything is so beautifully put together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carol, Love your shabby chic card, a real beauty.
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete