About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Friday, 11 January 2013

Embossed Wall Art




Hi everyone,
Here is my little offering for today, although it's taken me several to complete! Am hoping to enter this for a few challenges, but am having major issues with blogger at the moment and have only now just sorted out uploading.....I think I have now missed a few deadlines. Any way hope you enjoy seeing this. Sorrry the photos are nos as good as usual...not day light!!!!! The actual colours of this project are white and powdre blue!!!!!!



It started life as a piece of white artboard, which I painted in eco powder blue acrylic and gave a swipe over with a baby wipe to lighten the effect. I then added some die cut vellum florishes ( T Holtz ). but how to attach?? Well I used a black glue stick. Not in colour but in packaging by Pritt. It was brill and didn't show through, so was delighted.

I cut out 6 pieces of grunge board and treated each one to a slightly different technique and embossed each oneusing a cuttlebug and here they are individually.


    

Embossed this through the cuttlebug with Tim's dotty folder and painted surface with powder blue  acrylic. Left to dry then swiped over Fresco finish snowflake.Die cut the flowers and butterfly which was also embossed using the same folder.



This piece of grungeboard wa slightly smudged with  snowflake acrylic
 embossed with the swirls and swiped with blue. The chipboard piece was given the same treatment and the gems added.



I was pleased with this one. I embossed a piece of left over packaging the effect is great!!! Dabbed snowflake on the reverse and when dry used humungo tape to adhere to the painted blue grunge. Embossed a little border and added the flowers and gems. This is soooo much better in real life!! Believe me.



This piece is embossed vellum onto acrylic painted grunge. Love this image. A little bow and a few well chosen gems was all I thought it neededaafter a little sanding of the vellum.



This section was the grunge painted in snowflake and edged in powder blue. I chose some heavy weight card stock for this, painted it to match, embossed with text folder and dabbed with snowflake. Then added the exras!!...Loving how the butterfly turned out!



And lastly but not least the beautiful dove of peace. Lightweight card embossed and distressed then mounted on the painted grunge.

My final thing was a die cut bird sitting on another vellum  florish painted card stock was used  for this and embossed with swiss dots and highlighted.

Found a lovely ribbon in my stash, just the right colour with the words dream believe etc. on. I punched 2 holes and used the ribbon as my hanger.

Well hope you enjoyed seeing it and thanks if you popped over from docrafts too.  I intend to keep this as a reference for what different cardsock, vellum etc look like when embossed . Hopefully I'm not too late to enter this one. Will update my challenges later tonight.

Challenges I will be entering are
http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.co.uk/               dry embossing
http://tando-creative-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/ something blue
http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/week-148-elegance.html
http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/anything-but-card-challenge-10-things.html
http://www.creativecreationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/1-anything-goes.html

12 comments:

  1. Hi Carol love your work, you entered into our design team call over on Anything Goes challenge. We would like to offer you a place on our team. If you could get in contact with me my email is poshcatcrafts@gmail.com I can give you more information.
    Look forward to hearing from you
    Hugs
    Tamara xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi carol, love your piece with all the different
    techniques. congrats on the above comment !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful! LOVE the blue and white combo and the end result is just fabulous! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo lovely Carol, gorgeous embossing and colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at MMM hope to see you again.
    Suzi B :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining in the "Things with wings" challenge at Anything but A Card this time round! Loving all the textures and techniques on this project! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous piece! I love all the texture. Thanks for joining the challenge at Tando Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness Carol you definately don't need me, your blog has just taken off with a boom, it looks great your work is just gorgeous, WOW so loovely to see. Sam on FB yet?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty Carol, there's such a lot of work gone into it. Thanks for joining us at Tando.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creation! Definitely worth all the time spent.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at the MMM dry embossing challenge.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful piece of art!!!! :) Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all of the individual photos and descriptions of each block! This is a wonderful piece and I'm so glad you shared it with us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful projects - love them all thank you for joining in with us at the Tando challenge.

    ReplyDelete