About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 31 December 2012

STEAMPUNK CLOCK WITH A FEMININE TWIST

Hi All,

Here's a little project I began some time ago and have just managed to put the finishing touches to!!!! It was inspired by a great backing paper I found in a little craft shop in a sale for a mere 20p! The faint watch and clock details were great as a background and  I had the little round canvas lyijng about in my stash, and yes it shouted out CLOCK and STEAMPUNK!!! I wanted to be a little more girlie with the colours and this is what it developed into. No doubt as it's for me I will continue  to add embellishments as the mood takes me!!



 The canvas was painted first in acrylics and sealed. The backing paper cut to fit and then the fun. Various stamps of cogs were stamped on to the paper, some highlighted with stickles, glossy accents and other cogs stamped and cut for a 3d effect. I built up the outer edges and then set about the inner circle. The large clock face was from the steam punk pack I bought from create and craft yonks ago. Found a lovely angel for the centre piece which I covered with a clear mini dome. before mounting the hands with glossy accents.







The dragonfly was an old brooch which I coloured using alcohol inks and added some gems. An old chain cut up serves as the pulleys of the clock and the two mini clocks at the base were also coloured with alcohol inks.



I will be entering this for Challenge 21 Anythingoes/celebrations at http://artisticinspirationscrafts.blogspot.co.uk/
Also Anything goes at http://simonsaysstampandshow.blogspot.co.uk/

Really enjoyed making this home decor piece and hope you enjoyed seeing it to.
Happy Crafting
Carol xx

6 comments:

  1. wow this is stunning i wish i coukd mmake something this fantastic thanks for joining us at artistic inspirations and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous steampunk piece, love your fabulous bargain find, the paper is perfect for this piece. I love the circular canvas in the centre, lovely touch and I love the mini watch dangling. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Happy New Year. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...wow...WOW! This is an awesome piece of artwork. Love your attention to detail! Thanks for joining us this week at ARTistic Inspirations~Wendy, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous and indeed very feminine without being tooo pretty. If you continue adding embellishemnts in the same vein it will turn out to be fantastic

    Thank you for joining in with us at Artistic Inspirations.
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this clock..It is fantastic.
    I have the perfect place to display it.........My craft room..
    You should feel very proud of yourself, it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete