About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Wednesday, 7 November 2012

Two Posts In One Day I Hear You Cry!!!!!!!

This card was entered into the DoCrafts A-Z Challenge this week. You were asked to include weaving and watercolouring......how out of my comfort zone is this!!!!! So decided to take them up on it and this is the result. For such a simple basic card it took forever!!! mostly wondering how to adhere the woven piece onto the project and die cut without fraying everything........backto basics and trusty double sided tape with backing left on to die cut and then very gingerly removed.
Will also be entering this for the Design team call at
Here's the result       http://beyondgrey.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/dt-call-2013.html

 
 
Thought I'd be a bit aesthetic and take it against the blinds!!! It sort of reminded me of the wooden style of the beach huts1 Yeah, yeah, I hear you say. If you think so!!! Tee Hee.Well having struggled with the woven sections who was I to throw out all those scraps and bits and bobs?? So what did I do.......made another card to enter the challenge.
 
Here it is, same techniques, just different stamp, but my watercolouring is slightly better....no Picasso me!!
 
 
 
 
Thanks for popping bye.......till tomorrow.....More to upload if the computer plays ball!!Bye for now
Carol xx
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Your cards are so beautiful! They may have taken you forever to put together, but the end result looks fab! Wonderful weaving and lovely colors and coloring,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely & summery! Just what I need at 7am on a dark morning up north!!!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is pretty !!
    thankyou for entering the DT call at Beyond Grey challenges . All the best !
    Hugs
    PJ

    ReplyDelete