About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 12 November 2012

Recent ATC's

From Time To Time

This is the only one theat I am entering for a challenge. Over at http://anythingbutacard.blogspot.ca/ the challenge is to include a creation that has something to do with a Stitch in time. This can be taken from any angle, I decided to use the time slant on this and came up with the following.

I started with 2 blank ATC cards and covered these with varying thicknesses of Gesso, then sandwiched them together, sticky sides facing and squashed them together with my fingers. Gently these were peeled away from each other, leaving a great textured background. Left them to dry overnight and then used distress inks and water to colour them. (aged mahogany, vintage photo and spiced marmalade) I gently sanded back a few areas to allow the white of the Gesso to show through.
Stamped some cogs in dark brown ink and added faux metal die cut cogs to their centres.Finally stamped and aged the saying and cut the clock butterfly and hands from Crafty Individuals booklet and stuck everything down, using foam pads to add more dimension to the clock face.
 
All the other ATCs were created using the same technique for the background, which I am loving as it gives such great texture. If you haven't tried this do.....it's quick easy and great fun, as no two backgrounds are ever the same!!
Hope you enjoy these others!!
 
 
ATC Fantasy Fairy 3x3 swap with StampinKay 
 
 

 ATC .Autumn  swapped with Juliaamy
 
 
 
ATC .....The gull, swapped with Alzabethy
Hope all is well and you are enjoying your crafting
Carol xx

8 comments:

  1. Love your gesso backgrounds! I even recognise some of the stamps you have used :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. The textures and colours you have created for your ATC's are perfect for the images and themes you have worked with.I partticularly love your sea themed ATC. What a proud looking seagull you have there.Thank you for joining in at Anything But A Card Challnge this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ATC(s) Carol. I love how you've inked the stamped pieces and the addition of the cogs is a perfect touch. The whole thing has an aged, industrial theme which I really like.
    Must say, like Julie, I adore your sea themed ATC too. It caught my eye with another fab background, the 'shell' and your bird - love it!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything But A Card this time and I hope we'll see you again soon.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic ATC! Thanks for joining us at Anything But a Card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creation! Thank you for sharing this with us at ABAC :)

    I invite you to join me at this ANYTHING GOES challenge here: http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/11/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-3.html

    Lots of crafty joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ATC. I love the clock and gears. Thanks for joining us over at ABAC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carol, just love all your atc's especially the clock one and the seagull one. I will give your Gesso idea a try very soon. I've not done any atc's for ages but hope to get back to them soon.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol, just love all your atc's especially the clock one and the seagull one. I will give your Gesso idea a try very soon. I've not done any atc's for ages but hope to get back to them soon.
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete