About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Saturday, 19 May 2012

 ORANGE AND OVALS CHALLENGE




This frame began life as a 20p bargain.....old gold scratched and plastic !!! After a few coats of fresco finish paint, I love the chalky effect it gives , it was ready to be filled

Used Tina Higgins papers which I muted down with Spiced Marmalade and then cut the other ovals, one just distressed, the other stamped in Vintage Photo and then again spiced marmalade.

The stamp is from the new urban square range by Docrafts and is lovely. Stamped up a second image of the butterfly coloured and mounted.

Final touches was to add the flourishes and embellishments.

Had fun doing it and it does fall in line with the challenge, but now wish I had also added a more contrasting colour.....looks a bit like it's been Tangoed!! LOL

Hope all is well with everyone. Till next time
Happy Crafting Carol xx

No comments:

Post a Comment