About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Altered Mini Book

Hi Everyone,

Hope your all enjoying your crafting. Have just finished this mini alterd book and am quite pleased with how it's turned out. Can't remember quite where I saw this in the first place, but would like to thank those that inspired me to have a go!!





This actually looks bigger than it is !!  The book itself was 4x4 inches. Thought this would be a nice size for my first attempt. Chose the lavender colours so that they match my bedroom, or at least will when it's decorated!!

I began by folding each page in half towards the centre and then distreesed the pages with scattered straw and rusty hinge Distress Inks.......so glad at this point that I had not chosen to use a large volume of an encyclopedia!!!

The inside covers were covered with L Llewelyn vintage paper, lace distressed in mulled lavender and gems attached to highlight the lace,t he extra nice bit was to decide which bits then to add. I had to think in miniature and a lot of the things I wanted to use were too overpowering, (Have to do a larger book for these now!)  The book was on Palmistry originally and so I thought I would use deep and meaningful words that I could look at each day.

When finished I knew there was something missing so added the tassle and the cherub......job done.

Hope you like it and want to have a little go of this.

Happy crafting moments
Carol x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely colour scheme Carol. I'm not really into altered art, but every now and then I see a project like this and think I really should give it a go. The cherub and tassel were a great finishing touch. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this carol. I've not seen a book done this way before.I love the colour and embellishments you have used. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colour you have chosen(my favourite lol) and the embellishments are just perfect I love it
    carol x

    ReplyDelete