About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

What Beermat


Believe it or not this pretty wall hanging for my sister began life as a Guiness beermat from St. Patrick's Day. I made it a few days ago but have only now managed to put it on. She already had it on the wall so today I borrowed it to put on the blog. Hence the blu tack on the next shot.


I covered the entire front with some pale pink paper and sanded all the sides back for a better finish. The lace at the top is a B line desin called lace duo and I love it it looks almost real! The lower section was again stamped with a B Line stamp....called Black Mesh. I punched 2 holes and inserted eyelets using the cropodile, inserted jump rings and a little chain, which isn't in the picture!! The flower and butterfly were coloured with Dusky Concord Distress ink and then overstamped using Studio 490 All About Art Stamp.

I added some adhesive ribbon tape in a lacy pattern where the stamped images of the background met  and then added the TimHoltz plaque with the word play underneath. I filled this with crackle glaze.

Glossy accents was used to stick everything on and the faux gems added.
My sister loves it and hope you have enjoyed looking too.
Happy Crafting
Carol

2 comments: