About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 5 March 2012

Waspish waist line




Well her is my first crafty piece this year. A chunky A.T.C. type offering. In fact it is bigger than an atc and was made using a small off cut of wood found in the garage. I think I initially saw the idea in a magazine and thought I would have a go. All very simple and with the little legs I thought it could also be used just for decoration in the bedroom.
I covered all sides of the wooden block with some lovely Victoria and Albert papers that had been stashed away unloved and then sanded back all the edges and gave them a distressed look with vintage photo distress ink. The lady with the waspish waist was cut from some Graphic 45 paper and coloured using watered down peeled paint and spiced marmalade distress inks. The corset label was also cut from the same paper.To give a bit of form she was adhered to the backing papers using silicone. A snippet of lace was coloured again using vintage photo and added to the left side. Finally a few flowers ond metal leaves to embellish and hey presto!! Oops nearly forgot four pony beads were added to the bottom to serve as little feet.
The reverse shows a description of the corset and lace and flowers to add dimension. I was going to give this as a gift but decided to keep it for myself.

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice Carol, I like the colour scheme and lovely vintage feel. Very pretty flower embellishments too. Jean x

    ReplyDelete