About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Wednesday, 14 March 2012

The Shabby Tearoom Challenge. Spring Is Near


Here is a canvas I have made for theis weeks challenge at The Shabby Tearoom, It uses the pale greens pinks and magentas shown in the colour pots and a few shades in between, and the dry embossing is on the flowers after die cutting.

To colour the canvas I used shabby shutters, crushed olive and dusky concord distress inks.The wording and swirls were also stamped in Shabby Shutters and adhesive gems were added as accents, in pinks and green. (I didn't have the right shades in these, but promarkers worked wonderfully on white gems, so I was able to match the colours well.)

Heart sequin waste was used in a random fashion on the canvas, using the dusky concord distress ink.

The fun part was carefully cutting in half a polystirene ball. Every knife in the house was used, but my bread knife did the trick!! A skewer was secured in place using glossy accents as was the poly ball, and then to one of the most basic tools that I haven't used in ages. The humble punch! I used a small and medium flower punch and various shades of magenta green and patterned papers to make the flowers. Each flower is made of a small and medium section and a small pin secures each to the ball. (It took a lot more flowers than I was expecting, but sill me for choosing an allium head for my inspiration!)    





The large flower embellishment was die cut using a spellbinders machine and then dry embossed  using a swiss dots embossing folder which gave them a better crunkled up look. I don't think it is very clear even on the enlarged photo, but the effect was great after crushing the flowers in my hand. A brad secures them together and it was affixed to the canvas with glossy accents.

This will be entered into The Shabby Tearoom Challenge Spring is near

4 comments:

  1. I like all the flowers on this card, I guess it was a lot of work! Nice colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Carol,whata lot of flowers you must have punched,the effect is great !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this is just awesome! I'm sure that allium head took ages but it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete