About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 5 March 2012

Perfume Bottles Wall Plaque


Have been wanting to try Studio 490 clear modelling film for a while and also a set of bottle stamps from Joanna Sheen This seemed to be a perfect combination for a small wall plaque for my bedroom. I used a 30x20cm. piece of hardboard for the base and covered it with some lovely V and A paper. I wanted to have a fresh feeling yet still vintage. The edges were all sanded back and distressed using Dusky Concord disress ink.

The Eau de Toilette stamp was stamped using Staz on Purple and distressed with Peeled Paint distress ink. This was then matted and layered onto sage and purple card. A Fleur De Lys embellishment was coloured with Currant alcohol ink and attached.

The bottle stamps were stamped onto modelling film using purple Stazon and left to dry for a while. They were then coloured using cranberry and lettuce alcohol inks on the reverse side. Each bottle was then heated with a heat gun till flexible and shaped by laying on a curved object, held for a few seconds till cool. A white pice of card was inserted behind each bottle to allow the colour and patterns to show through.

I used 3 mini canvases and edged all sides and the fronts with Mulled Lavender distress ink.

Canvas 1 was randomly stamped with Bloomin fun swirls and Damson Plum dye ink and promarker dotted accents in green. The bottle was attached with a brad through the canvas. Gems and flowers were added as further embellishments.

Canvas 2 was made using Paperartsy mini stamps gems and flowers and the bottle was attached using glossy accents.

Canvas 3 A found vintage label was distressed using Peeled Paint and mounted onto plum card. Vintage lace and gems were added.
All canvases were attached to the base using red line tape.

Silver metal was used to cut 6 flourishes using spellbinder die. These were coloured as shown with currant and lettuce alcohol inks. They were attached to the project using glossy accents and further embellished with gems and flowers.

I will be entering this into Simon Says Stamp And Show .......Bottle It
and Simon Says....Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Carol, you're back in fine style ! I have some of that film but haven't tried it yet,must give it a go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute usage of Wendy's Clearly for Art...making perfume bottles out of it! I also love how you arranged them on canvases on the larger wall board. Beautiful colors, beautiful embellishments! Well done! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your wall plaque.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great piece. Fantastic use of Clearly for Art.

    ReplyDelete