About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Less is More Challenge....One Layer Card......Put Pen To Paper!


Hi everyone just finished this card for Less is More challenge this week, which is to make a one layered card using script. I was a little daunted by just the one layer but thought it would get the little grey cells working! Now that it's done can't wait to do a few more!!! No cutting gluing measuring what a refreshing change.

What I Used:-
Cream card stock
Vintage Photo Distress ink
Versafine Dye Ink
Stampers Anonymous Artful Artifacts
Inkadinkado 105
B Line French Correspondence

I stamped the pen and cut it out for a mask, and did the same thing with the pen nibs. Firstly, after much deliberation about positioning I stamped the pen directly onto the cream base card, I then covered it with the mask and the overstamped with the pen nibs. I then cut the individual nibs and stuck them to the pen mask, laid it back over the nibs and pen image and overstamped again with the script.

To enclose the image a little and in order to colour it I masked off a rectangle around the image with tape.

I know must acknowledge Rachel Greig from Dark Room Door who showed this next technique, which is simple to do but I think really effective. Using a white wax crayon, colour in and highlight some areas of the stamped image. Polish off with a soft cloth. The darker the ink the lighter becomes the waxed areas, which resist the ink. A bit like we use to do in school with wax and paint!!!

Using the distress ink I coloured the image , polished and added a friendship sentiment.Removed the tape and Voila.

I shall be entering this into the Less Is More Week58 One Layer Script

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Carol!
    Superb masking!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effect Carol
    Super card
    Thank you so much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Carol. so glad you have your 'creative juices' back, can't wait to see your other creations. Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Well done on the masking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've used lots of lovely techniques here Carol - I love the wax crayon resist and always forget about it! I like the pen image with the script too - it's a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love all the masking...gives a great feeling of layers!

    ReplyDelete