About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Katy's Challenge

This was the scrummy challenge for Katy at docrafts this week.

We could use the inspiration of the berries the colours, shapes etc. I decided the colour and berries were for me. Here is the card I made. Hope you like it.


The edges of the card were distressed with Dusky Concord distress inks and then some plum patterned paper from by stash added as the background. I cut an oval shape and again distressed the edges. The Joanna Sheen stamp was coloured using pro markers. Just love that little bird!!! I had no little bow in the shade I needed so Spritzed a white one with Adirondak Cranberrywash.....worked a treat!

The flowers I love making and used the simple colour, cut, soak, scrunch and leave to dry technique.
Again these were coloured with promarkersfirst.

Pretty pleased with the end result and how the berries sparked my imagination of the hedgerows, hence the flowers, suppose to be the gorgeous wild flowers seen in the countryside. Oh for warmer weather soon!!!
Carol x

I shall also be entering this for One Stop Craft Challenge 174   Handmade Flowers

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card Carol, I like your beautiful flowers and the the bird image is very sweet.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...love the wonderful flowers with the pretty bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you made your flowers and love that image! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete