About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Free Brooch!!

Here is a brooch I made yesterday. My first venture into jewellery making!! I had all sorts of little bits and bobs in a box, that have been sitting there for ages, mostly all scavenged from other people, found at charity shops or donated by friends. I so love looking at all the lovely trinkets, but thought it was time I stopped collecting and admiring and do something with them.

So this little brooch was developed. It took me an age before I decided on the positions I wanted everything and then even longer finding a suitable glue to use. ( My sister says jewellery glue is best ) but I used pinflair and it worked a treat although it did take about 24 hours to really be set hard. If anyone has a better idea for a glue would love to hear from you.

The beautiful buttons were given to me and I know they are Making Memories, given to me by Gill as they were in a Hobbycraft clearance sale!!

The backing of the piece is an old piece of filigree onto which the main features were adhered and jump rings attached the cameo, and lock, key and chains. Simple, but am pleased with the end result. ill I wear it?? Yes I probably will........sometime!
Happy crafting Carol x

1 comment: