About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Crafty Cardmakers Challenge 63......A Sketch

At last I feel like my creative juices are flowing again and have decided to enter into the challenge world. There's so much wonderful work and inspiration out there to see and I am grateful to every one who lets me have a peek into their blogging world.  THANK YOU ALL.

Here is my design for Crafty Cardmakers. It was really different to do as I have never worked to a sketch before but it did set my mind thinking! Here are a few close up shots, but the lovely background paper still doesn't show well. Sorry I'm an awful photograper!!



I coloured the edges of a white 5x5 square card using Vintage Photo distress ink and chose some Papermania background paper from their Portobello Road collection. To tone this down I used Scattered Straw distress ink around the edges. Velet ribbon and striped coffee and cream ribbon were then attached as per the sketch.

I stamped the lady.. B Line Stamp twice onto cream card. One image was used as a mask over the face and then another B Line background stamp was stamped over the image and then removed.

The hat and roses were coloured using the two distress inks and water for a subtle feel.

The message was stamped in Vintage Photo and distressed with Scattered Straw, mounted on a scrap of brown card. This was added as shown.

Final touches were to add her necklace and flower embellishments. Hope you like the finished project.....really enjoyed taking up the challenge!
Carol x

7 comments:

  1. This is a great card Carol. I am so glad you are getting back into the swing of things. I love the B line ladies. they are so elegant and beautiful.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card,the vintage colour scheme is just right for the lovely B line ladies images.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interpretation of the sketch - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers. Good Luck!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING!!! LOVE the neutrals you've used--the details are fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thank you for playing along with my Sketch at Crafty Cardmakers! Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous card. I love the image and colours you've used, the vintage feel you've created is perfect. Love the details of the pearls too, I'm glad the sketch inspired you!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. amazing card - love the vintage style.
    Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete