About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Challenge 58 one Layer Card and script

I know, 2 blogs in one day is unheard of!!!! I was so taken with the Less Is More challenge this week that I spent the entire afternoon playing, instead of housework........Hoorah! The one layer only challenge got me back into the swing of masking and layering, which I admit I have sadly neglected for a long time.

This will be my second offering to the challenge, I did get carried away but managed before it was to late to include some script. I hope it is saying something along the lines of at the end of a summer's day. But who knows, its in french and I can't understand it, so for me it is alluding to days end.
                                                                 
I stamped and masked and over stamped the images from a selection of Create A Scene and masked off the lower section for the script. I then used the wax crayon technique as described in the previous post and then began to colour the card with stormy sky distress inks, spiced marmalade for the sandy beach and vintage rose for the sunset area.

I then wiped over and polished the surface with a soft cloth to expose the highlights made by the resistant wax.
Finally, I used stormy skies again to colour the lower edge and using B line French Correspodence stamped the script.

Had agreat time reminding myself of some basic techniques. One layer cards certainly are to my liking and less is more.
I shall be entering this for Less Is More Challenge 58     Script  one layer card                                                                      

5 comments:

  1. This is a terrific scene, beautifully made, but it has used all the white space from the card... don't forget that we do like to see a little card base left unadorned!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leavign a message...next time huh? lol

    Superb scene nevertheless
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. It may not be a very 'less' card Carol but it is absolutely stunning! I love the vintage look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is GORGEOUS! LOVE this fabulous scene you've created--your coloring is superb! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Carol - this is gorgeous! I love it. Di xx

    ReplyDelete