About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Beware The Green Eyed Monster!!

Here is a tag I made for some challenges and had great fun making it. The challenges called for the colour green and the saying "green with envy" immediatly sprang to mind, but as I was designing it I then started to think of the Green Eyed Monster and further still the infamous Green Man of garden fame!! What to do? Well in the end I tried to incorporate all the ideas onto one tag and this is what I ended up with. I'm really quite pleased and a little surprised as this as you way know is not altogether my style, but hey ho!!
The stamps I used were Studio 490 and Paper artsy mini. The tag was coloured using peeled paint. scattered straw and green moss distress inks. The barbed wire mask is by Tim Holtz. which was added as the upper layer. Water was spritzed over the tag and dried to give added interest.

The stamp was stamped directly onto the tag using Stayzon Green. As were all the eyes of the monster. The image on the left shows more clearly the green eyes and all were coloured using distress inks. A few green matt gems were added for a little interst to this section, which was stamped on card and mounted seperatly
Some miniature ivy leaves that have been  left in my stash for a very long time were used to make the foliage of the monster/green man and attached withh glossy accents.
Believe it or not he does have a third eye for deeper INSIGHT! Looking at it now he does seem rather frightening!
To enhance the eyes a little  I coated them with glossy accents, although it is not really too clear with my photography!

The wording is using chipboard letters which were coloured using green moss distress ink and attached.

Please do not have nightmares after viewing, I will not be held responsible!!

I shall be entering him for the following challenges
Inspiration Journal
Gingersnap Creations
Paper Sundaes
Sugar Creek Hollow
Phindysplace challenge

6 comments:

  1. I love your quirky tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tag thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. just beautiful! Love the touch of vintage here!

    thanks for joining us at SCH this week!

    Holly SCH DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun vintage tag project. Thanks for joining the monochromatic challenge at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you joined us at Sugar Creek Hollow with your lovely tag
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really fabulous tag - thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations!

    ReplyDelete