About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 6 June 2011

New Craft Space!!



Hi every one, here I am at long last ,following a very bumpy journey over the last few months. I know I have been a naughty blogger and have let everything slip a little, but I am now resolved to keep my blog up at least once a week. ( I'd like to say even more frequently, but I think that that would be more than wishful thinking!!)

 I've a few bits of news to let you in on, and one of them is that I am going to have a much bigger craft space, up at the top of the house on the 2nd. floor where I can make as much mess as I could possibly want. It's three times the size of my other room, so what can a girl do, but sort it out find lots of space and then shop for new stash until every nook and cranny is duly filled. I mean an empty space is so ugly!!!!!

The house had to undergo quite a transformation for me to achieve this, starting with moving all of Bill's office from its original room into a holding area (i.e. The Dining Room ), while I then moved Cailean's toys, equipment and computers, from the old toy room  into Bill's old office, before moving all of my craty bits out of my room into the annex kitchen, whilst then returning Bill's office into my old craft room, which Megan and I had cleaned and washed all paint work etc.

They are all happily resituated and have been for some time, but oh wow is me !! My crafty bits are still in the little kitchen. Have a glimpse at the pics. and tell me if you can spot an empty space. ( prizes on a postcard only please..just joking)



All neat and tidy on this side,
 
I know what your thinking... she has more stash than she could ever use. That may be so, but I so Love looking at it all. I suppose I.m a harmless collector really.
  


Yes your right we can still just manage to get into the small freezer, I have left ample room around it to open its door. tee hee!!
This wasn't suppose to be a "spot the  fixings", but have you managed to find the back door yet????
No chance of using that for a while, nor the dog  I've blocked access to the dog flap too and where did I put that cooker??

You know it's been so long since I blogged I'm having real problems putting in the pictures....any suggestions as to the best way?  I seem to be spending more of the time trying to get them to sit in the right place!!!! Do you think it's easier to write all the text first and then try to insert photos where you want them, or do them as you go along? Any suggestions would be very welcome, so far this blog has onlt taken 2 hours. It's late now and I was going to show you the new area, but you'll have to wait until the next time.
Sorry, no crafting projects to show just yet, but hopefully in the not too distant future.

By the way if you registered yourself to follow my blog, would you mind doing it again as I some how managed to wipe everybody off, who was a follower, when I was updating it, as a lot of the gadgets I had used had suddenly disappeared and I had to mostly start again!!!!!

Thanks so much and thanks for popping by.

Happy Crafting Moments
Carol xxxx

3 comments:

  1. You sound just like me. Find a space - put something in it, and yes, I have more stash than I can possible use in my life time, but I know I'll buy more.
    As to photos; I do all my text first and then add the photos, starting with the bottom one, and working up to the top. When resizing them I have to remember that the writing space on my blog is not very wide, so if I want two pictures side by side, there needs to be a good space between them in the preview, with no text in it, or one will fall below when I publish it. Enjoy organising your new space. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Carol ! so glad to see you on here again, lucky you getting new craft room, I'm still struggling on the dining room table with craft stuff all over the house in any little space I can find.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello have you now on my bloggy list love to catch up at some time you crafty stuff is lovely and sooooooooooo much stash x

    ReplyDelete