About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Monday, 27 September 2010

Shillington ATC'S

Shillington Swap A.T.C s. Sept. 2010

Here are my offerings for this months swap. The theme was nautical and to tell you the truth I didn't have a lot in my stash for sea-faring swaps, still I have had a good rummage; (and in so doing found LOADS!! of long forgotten goodies.)

This Vintage style postcard uses a crayon resist technique I learnt from Rachel Greig, of Dark Room Door fame. (She was over here earlier this year). You simply highlight areas of light with a child's white wax crayon and the n do the usual with your distress inks. The crayon resists the colour and the all you do is polish it with  a                                                      soft  cloth and the light areas are really bright.

I've called this For Those In Peril On The Sea.
I found these images in a bits and bobs box.
They are from the Masculine Artsy collage book
by HOTP. I love the varied images in it!! I really was at a loss how to put them on the ATC so that they didn't look like they were just floating there, then I spied upon some lovely hand-made paper a friend had given me. The large holes in it reminded me of how the sea swells and dips into hollows so it was perfect for the foaming sea. I hope I've managed to capture it?




Lastly this is a quickie!! Again the images were from HOTP and put together on a holographic paper background, and yes your eyes do not deceive. I have used peel off letters!!!! I can get them straight but struggle using my mini stamp set.
Now I look back I can see that I should learn to crop things...........another day, another time and another lesson from Megan!!   Hey Ho.
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Fab atcs Carol! Ijust watched the crayon technique on Utube yesterday, another "must try" for me, found a white crayon this afternoon !thanks for all your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete