About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 19 September 2010

The Key Of Life

Below is one of my favourite pieces that was made during a craft workshop at L B Crafts in Olney , which also happens to be my fav. place to buy all my crafting goodies. This workshop was taken by the witty and talented Linda Elbourne and it was her design this piece was based on.




I actually gave it to my Husband as a birthday present and although he does not possess a crafty bone in his body, was very appreciative of my efforts and made all the right noises! It has the number 13, top left, which is his birthday, and the initial B for his name.(I should have checked the angle of dangle before hand!!)




   
 Here are two of the sections that give the piece its title.





 It was made on canvas that we distressed.The outer squares are grunge paper, again distressed and then run through various Cuttlebug folders, allowing the patterns to be highlighted with distress inks. I'd never used glass fragments on anything before either, but I LOVE them and the way they magnify images. This was a fantastic class and I learnt sooooo much. Too much to write here, Hope it gives you some ideas though.



                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment