About Me

My photo
Hi, Welcome to my blog and thanks for visiting. I'm Carol, married to Bill, with two children. I love to dabble in all types of crafty pursuits and enjoy nothing more than attending workshops and learning new techniques, which I then try to reproduce at home....sometimes with success!!!

Followers

Sunday, 19 September 2010

FLEUR DE LYS

After watching a tutorial by Linda Brown on her L B Crafts website, I decided to try my own version, and here it is! I have used metal, which has been hand embossed using Ten Second Studio equipment and torn, then distressed using brown acrylic paint. The right hand side was then daubed with Viva's Terra (Sahara) and then coloured using Turquoise and Blackberry Precious Metal paints. This was heated to "bubble point". To this I added some Gold Rub N Buff.
for highlights

The Fleur De Lys embellishment is yet another of the very talented Linda's ideas, where you emboss metal, cover in Utee and cut!!! It's such a crafty technique, do hop over to see Linda's tutorial.

By the way, I should mention this is all on a beer mat.....more altered mats in further postings. 

( Now that I've managed to navigate my blog a little better I can't stop. I've decided to put all my larger projects from work-shops on so will update again soon.)

Bye for now
Carol

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, glad to see you have got going with your blog, fabulous pieces of art ! just got back from a little holiday and need to get back inthe crafting mode

    ReplyDelete